Understanding ADHD | For Parents & Caregivers | Education | College | Scholarships & Financial Aid
The National Resource Center

Scholarships & Financial Aid

Most college students will need financial assistance during their program of study. You should discuss any need for financial aid with the financial office of your prospect college or university. Parents of high school students attending private high schools should also discuss options with their student's high schools for financial aid.

Other Resources:

  • Creating Options: Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities. Contact the Heath Resource Center at George Washington University for the latest edition of this annual resource paper, a comprehensive guide to financial aid in the form of grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships.
  • FinAid. FinAid is the most comprehensive annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the web.
  • Florida's McKay Scholarship Program. This Florida's John M. McKay Program for Students with Disabilities seeks to provide financial aid to families who are seeking either public or private school placements for a child with a disability.
  • National Cristina Foundation. National Cristina Foundation (NCF) provides computer technology and solutions to give people with disabilities, students at risk and economically disadvantaged persons the opportunity, through training, to lead more independent and productive lives.

Connect with others
Talk to Specialist
Sign up for ADHD Newsletter
NRC Library
Ask the Expert Webcasts
The information provided on this website was supported by Cooperative Agreement Number NU38DD005376 funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the CDC or the Department of Health and Human Services.

Terms of Use