New Habit Toolbox
• Decide on a goal you would like to achieve.
• Choose a simple action that will move you towards your goal – one you can do on a daily basis.
• Plan when and where you will do your chosen action. Be consistent: choose a time and place you encounter every day of the week.
• Every time you encounter that time and place, do the action.
• It will get easier with time, and within 10 weeks you should find you are doing it automatically without even having to think about it.
• Congratulations, you’ve created a new habit for success!
• My goal (e.g. “clear my email inbox daily”): _________________________________________________
My plan (e.g. “I will check email only three times a day and clear my email box at the end of the day”):
(When and where) ___________________________ I will ___________________________
Some people find it helpful to keep a record while they are forming a new habit. This daily tick-sheet can be used until your new habit becomes automatic. You can rate how automatic it feels at the end of each week, to watch it getting easier.