A Parent to Parent Teacher is a CHADD volunteer, who has lived with ADHD in the family, and has become an expert on ADHD through our two-and-a-half days certification training. Our Certified Teachers have made a commitment to teach Parent to Parent classes in their local community or through our online webinars every month.
Requirements for Becoming P2P Certified Volunteer Teacher
- Be an active CHADD member
- Have a family member with ADHD, have ADHD yourself or be willing to teach the class with someone who has ADHD
- Have participated in the Parent to Parent: Family Training on ADHD
- Participate in the 2 and 1/2 day Teacher Certification Training Class
- Agree to teach at least one course a year in your local community
- Collaborate with the local CHADD chapter (if available)
Frequently Asked Questions about becoming a Certified Parent to Parent Volunteer?
At the end of the training, you will have all the tools you need to teach this class locally, including a well-developed curriculum with over 350 PowerPoint slides, a teacher's manual with extensive notes on each presentation, and a participant's manual full of resource information and useful tools. In addition each teacher receives a CD with all seven sessions of presentations. Each certified teacher is listed on CHADD's web page and receives documentation of certification.
What is the cost of the certification class?
The fee for the Teacher Certification Class is $250. If you are not a CHADD member, you are required to join first, then proceed to register for this event. Late registrations and cancellations are subject to fees. Please let us know if you already have or require an organizational membership. In addition, participants need to budget for travel and hotel expenses. Note: Your local CHADD chapter may be able to help with these expenses.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (240) 487-2327